NO WORK OF LAYING OR REPAIRING DRAINS OR SEWERS CAN BE COMMENCED OR CONTINUED WITHOUT THE PERMIT BEING ON THE GROUND, IN THE HANDS OF THE SEWER BUILDER OR OF ONE EMPLOYED BY THE SEWER BUILDER.
Issuance of permits:
In the event that the licensed sewer builder is not present to apply for and purchase the permit, a letter of authorization must be submitted by the representative. The letter must contain the following:
• Company letterhead
• Authorization, Name of authorized representative
• Location of work being performed
• Signature of licensed sewer builder
Payment of permits:
Checks received for the purchase of permits must state licensed builder’s company name, address and phone number. Under no circumstances will a check be accepted without proper information being provided.
Schedule of sewer connection permit fees:
The schedule for sewer connections, as authorized by the City of Cleveland Board of Control Resolution 0392-06, is as follows:
• Bulkhead permit $ 95.00
• Repair permit $ 230.00
• Extend permit $ 630.00
• Lay permit $ 665.00
• Re-inspection fee $ 277.00
• Miscellaneous Sewer Permit $ 112.00
• A permit from the Division of Water Pollution Control must be obtained before an excavation is made.
• All plans and permits required from the Division of Water Pollution Control shall be kept at the site of the work at all times while the work is in progress; this is in accordance with the City of Cleveland codified ordinances, section 541.05 (2F).
• No sewer permit will be approved and the work accepted without an inspection of the exterior and the interior of the pipe. A sewer connection must be thoroughly inspected by an Inspector from the Division of Water Pollution Control.
• Requests for inspections must be made weekdays before 1:00 P.M. for new and old construction.